Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Make-Up Look: St.Patrick's Day Inspiration

I didn't have a chance to post this yesterday, because my fiance finally came home from his trip and it was a lot of hassle between Sunday night and Monday morning to get him home. However, today I'm bringing you the inspiration that I wanted to share yesterday. I realize this would have been way more effective yesterday, but what can you do when Delta ruins your night and morning? - This is a green smokey eye, but the shade of green is a little different than what you usually see.
  • I started from the inner corner of my eye and worked outwards, using "Clock Strikes Midnight" by EM Michelle Phan from the Holiday Life Palette New Year's Countdown edition. I made sure to blend well and really fade it out at the end of the eye.
  • I took "Mint Julep" by Meow Cosmetics from their Summer Spirits collection and put that over the dark Clock Strikes Midnight. This color is a light green with gold iridescence. It is a little sheer and light and looks best over another shade to amplify it. (This is also a limited edition collection that is released every summer.)
  • I used "Tease" from the Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay as the crease color, just to give some depth and dimension to the eye. I blended really well!
  • Also from the Naked 2 Palette, I used "Foxy" as the highlight color.
  • I lined only the bottom of my eyes with Tarina Tarantino's Eye Dream Hyperline in "Spark of Envy".
  • The lipstick is "Pleasure Bomb" from MAC's RiRi Hearts MAC holiday collection released in 2013.
Again, apologizes for this being late, but I still wanted to share. Comments are always welcome and I'd love to see your green inspired look for the holiday this year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment