Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wet 'N Wild Pop Art Craze Collection

As most of you know, Wet 'N Wild released a summer collection inspired by the 80's and Andy Warhol. People starting seeing these displays pop up last week and blogs & Instagram are flooding with people who are posting their findings and what they bought. The West Coast and East Coast seem to have gotten these displays in first and they are slowly creeping up from the South and down from the Midwest.

I have been on the hunt since I heard the first person that found them! Today was my lucky day. While most people have found these at Rite Aid or Walgreens, I found mine at K-Mart. I have been into several Walgreens and have yet to find them there; I was in 3 before I found them in K-Mart today. I want to share my experience though, because for some of you it might help you find them if you are the hunt as well. 


The nail polishes were on the front cosmetic display that you see when you walk in. It was not on the front side, it was on the back side. It looked like a full display, except for the green polish (Stand The Test Of Lime), but I don't know if that means someone bought 1 or that they didn't get that many in.

I did not buy the white polish (A Blank Canvas) as it looks like it is the same as their permanent white shade (French White). of the same line. It may possibly be a bit brighter as I tried to compare them in the store, but it could have just been the way the lighting hit the color too. I bought the rest of the shades.


Now here's the tricky part! I was frantic, because I did not see the eyeshadow trios! I looked about 3 times around the cosmetic area and was trying to find someone to see if the display was somewhere else or if they would be getting the display in. (Or, maybe they had, but hadn't put it out! -I was determined to get these!) I was just about to give up, because I could not find an associate. I went to put the French White color back and there they were!

Whoever stocked these decided to ditch the display and put them where the regular 8 pans are, because they had an empty spot. All 6 palettes were there, just behind each other. I bought 1 of each, which left 1 of each for someone else. So, there you go! Make sure you check EVERYWHERE, because you never know where they might put them. I have also heard that some Walgreens have been keeping them behind the counter if they have limited space, so make sure you ask someone (the best person would be a cosmetics associate) before you give up. Hope this helps!

***The price listed is for the 8 Pan. These trios rang up the normal $2.99 and the polishes were the normal $0.99.

I'm not going to swatch these, because you can find swatches all over the internet. I recommend "Oh Three Oh Four" for great swatches on the polishes. For the trio swatches check out "Nouveau Cheap" who also gives a great, detailed review! Also, "Vampy Varnish" gives a great up and close view!

I will be updating my blog later with my personal thoughts and feelings on the performance of this collection after I've had time to try it out! Any questions, just ask!

2 comments:

  1. I want to join your site but I can't seem to find the join my site button. Btw check out my blogger aswell and join if you want :http://kimaitabar.blogspot.co.nz/
    I'll be looking forward for some beauty posts from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why, but no matter what I do I can't seem to add any sort of button or widget that allows people to follow my site, but I know how to do it manually and I added your blog to my list of follows. I look forward to reading more from you.

      Delete