Monday, July 22, 2013

CVS Last Chance Sale Summer 2013

As many of you know, CVS has been having a Last Chance sale. They marked things 50%-75% off, which is a great deal, even if you consider that CVS usually has higher prices than Walmart or Target (with the exception of sales or the use of coupons). I really wanted to jump on this sale, but my grandfather was ill and I wasn't able to go about my day doing what I please. To make a long story short, he passed away and my time and money went to a 20 hour trip and family matters. - Most of the sale items, at least around my area, are gone. Some of the CVS stores have even taken down the sale banners. I happened to stop in a CVS that is in a town just outside of where I live, because I was waiting for my car to be fixed. I actually have never been in this CVS before, but it is nice. I did find a few clearance items, but most of it would not suit my skin tone or skin type. However, I did find 1 gem and couldn't pass it up! For $2.12, which was 75% off of the regular retail price, I found a Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick!

The color is #663 "Va Va Violet". It is a deep, dark purple. For those not familiar with Revlon lipsticks, they don't have a scent and they're pretty nice lipsticks for drug store cosmetics. I personally am not a fan of their rival, L'Oreal. I cannot stand the smell of L'Oreal lipsticks!



I have always been a fan of dark colors, especially purples and reds. (I also really like browns; more along the lines of cafe colors.) So, I was really satisfied with my find! From what I can tell from the other stores around here and on the Revlon site, it looks like this color has been discontinued. -I shall enjoy it while it lasts.


When swatched, this color is not as intimidating as some people may first feel it is. Obviously, for me, it's not an every day color and I don't think it would be for most of us, but I'm excited to wear it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment