Monday, July 22, 2013

e.l.f. Beauty Bundle

The news is slowly spreading around the beauty community- ELF (Eyes Lips Face) is starting their own subscription service. From the title of this entry you can tell it is called "Beauty Bundle".

Product
They bundle a bunch of their products together and send them to you. It looks like you get everything from tools, to palettes, to foundation. They guarantee $40 worth of products, which is double of what you pay.

Cost
The cost is $19.99 + shipping. Shipping is $6.95, so your total cost is $26.94. You are billed every 8 weeks, so you're only getting a box every 2 months. There are plans that you can pay for half a year (3 bundles) or a whole year (6 bundles) at a time, but you're not saving any money by buying these packages.

My thoughts: I'm not seeing how this is a deal, unless they're going to be more like Julep and introduce new products. ELF constantly has sales and deals, so rather than pay for things you may not want, you could just use the deals to get what you do want. If you factor in the shipping cost, you're actually get less than half of the value of the bundle. (If you're anything like me and you hate paying for shipping, then you'll understand where I'm coming from!) Overall, I'm slightly interested to see those who do get this service and what they get, and of course how they feel about it. I'm going to skip on it for now and I can't see myself getting into it.

On a side note: I've noticed the decline in subscription services lately. The hype was there, but it's slowly going away. People just don't want to pay for things if they're not getting a big bang for their buck and especially when you really don't have a choice in what you're getting. Most of us notice the pile of samples in our house that are sitting there of products we'll never use. I'm still subscribed to IPSY and Julep, but that's about it. There really isn't another service that has proven to me to consistently be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment