Saturday, August 10, 2013

July 2013 IPSY Bag

Am I month late with this? -YUP! Never meant to be late, but I also was not excited about this bag at all. I have yet to even try any of the products. My August IPSY bag should be here Monday or Tuesday, so I figured I would post what I received. Last months bag was one of those bags where people received different things. I was a little saddened that I did not receive any Nailtini in my bag. I have received 2 of those in my bags before and I love those polishes. I also would have liked the Benefit Benetint, but oh well.
Product List
  1. POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon ("Fuchsia Flirt")
  2. Demeter Salt Air Perfume
  3. Coola Mineral Face Sunscreen (SPF 20)
  4. Sexy Hair Wheather Proof Humidity Resistant Hair Spray
  5. BH Cosmetics California Collection (sample palette) 
I still have not opened the POP crayon. The color looks nice, but that's about it. I am sure I will eventually open it. I did not see any parabens in the ingredients list.

The Demeter Salt Air Perfume was actually a surprise. I have another roll on from this company from another IPSY bag and liked it, but this one I would actually repurchase. This is a nice and light scent that is very fresh. I actually did enjoy this. These scents are oil based, so they stay well and they make for a good cover up if you ever need it.

I like that the Coola sunscreen is mineral and does not have any harmful things in it, but the bottle is so tiny. I've not used it yet, but I think I might get 1 use out of it. Very disappointing. A full bottle of this is like $36.

The Sexy Hair spray is just okay. I have another from last months bag. It is different. I've never used this brand and I'm thinking of trying it out, but I'm not overly thrilled about this either.

I am not a fan of BH Cosmetics makeup. Their eyeshadows have multiple parabens in them and I have no desire to use it. I also don't think the performance is any better than what you can get at the drug store and in some cases it's worse.

I did a quick swatch and feel of these shadows. The gold and brown shades did seem smooth and pigmented, however the purple shade was stiff and seemed like it would need some work to get good color payoff. I'll probably end up giving this away.

Over all, July was just okay for me. Like I said at the beginning, there were things I much would have rather had then what I received, but I did receive some new and nice things. I have been on the fence with IPSY this year. The first year I started getting these bags it was something new and exciting, but this year I haven't loved the bags. There's only been 2 that I really liked and if it hadn't been for June's bag, I would have cancelled already. The previews for August look good, so I'm sticking with it, but I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to keep with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment