Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Review: Kat Von D "Mi Vida Loca" Palette - The Yellows & Oranges

I took a break from reviewing the Kat Von D "Mi Vida Loca Palette", because I really wanted to get the Sonia Kashuk brush review up since it's on clearance! I also have been really busy at work, so my posts have been a little sparse. My company is going through many changes and we constantly have inspections. I work in retail, so November and December may be bleak for me around here, but I'm going to try my hardest!

Anyway! I'm moving onto reviewing the Yellow and Orange shades in the palette. I have tackled the blues, reds, and an overall review with swatches. The Mi Vida Loca palette can be picked up exclusively at Sephora stores and their website for $59. It is currently still available.

***Feel free to scroll down to the very bottom for an overall summary and to skip the fine detail.

[wearing: Legend, Fran, Analogue, Noble, Moulder]

The look I created is a pretty common look for those who wear bright colors. Typically known as a "sunset" and with this colorful palette it is very easy to create!

Rundown:
  • Legend - inner eye corner
  • Fran - inner part of the eyelid, extending to the middle of the eyelid
  • Analogue - from the middle part of the eyelid, extending to the outer part of the lid
  • Noble - crease
  • Moulder - brow line
Application
I used primer before applying all of these. So far, these are definitely the best for application. I did not have any problems with fallout and they apply very nicely. 

At first I was a bit scared that Fran was not pigmented, but really it's just a yellow shade that needs a few layers and it blends into my skin tone. 

Legend applied beautifully and looks great! Absolutely no complaints here from this shade and as I've said before- the shimmers are the best performing shades in the palette.

Analogue does need taping off of the excess before applying, but if that is done then there will be no fallout on the face. It is very pigmented and a couple of applications will give beautiful color!

I've talked about Noble before. It is a great color for me, as it blends into my skin tone and it really helped me smooth out any issues with my eyeshadow. It's an easy shade to work with.

Moulder worked well for highlighting the brow line and it blended down into Noble well. No complaints. It is a typical neutral shade.

Performance
I wore these for about 6 hours and experienced no fading or creasing, but I did use a primer. 

Final Verdict
I'm really surprised at how all of these shades performed! They are amazingly pigmented and blend well. They wear well, also. A little tapping of the excess is needed before applying to the face for the brighter shades, but they still give great color payoff!

I'm about half way done with reviewing the shades from the palette! If you're enjoying these Mi Vida Loca reviews, please let me know! Any comments or questions can be left below!

Other Products Used:


  • It Cosmetics "Celebration Foundation" - foundation
  • Too Faced "Shadow Insurance" - eye primer
  • It Cosmetics "Hello Lashes" - mascara
  • Tarte "Tarlette Palette" - brows
  • Tarte "Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush" - blush
  • MAC "Margherita" - lipstick
  • Tarte "Lights, Camera, Lashes Closeup Lash Liner" - bottom eyeliner
  • Buxom "Lash Liner" - eyeliner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment