Saturday, October 10, 2015

Review: Kat Von D "Mi Vida Loca" Palette - The Blues

Today, I'm going to review the blue shades in the Kat Von D "Mi Vida Loca" palette. I have already reviewed the red shades in my previous post. I also have already completed a swatch review. These current posts and future posts are reviewing the application and wear of these shadows.

Info: The Mi Vida Loca palette is by Kat Von D and is exclusively at Sephora stores and on their website. It costs $59 US and is said to be valued at $210. It includes 24 shades that are brand new and is limited edition for the holidays. It currently is still in stock on the website, but Sephora is on their first restock on the palette. No telling if they will get anymore after this. Call your local Sephora to find out if they are still in stock there.
[wearing: Synth, Hyperballad, Dark Wave, Lyric, Strutter]

I tested the blue shades next, because it matched the shirt I decided to wear for the day. Yup. It was that simple.

Run down:
  • Synth - all over the lid
  • Hyperballad - in the crease & outer corner of the eye
  • Dark Wave - lower lash line
  • Lyric - inner eye corner
  • Strutter - space between brows and crease, and blended into the crease
Application
I use a primer before applying these shadows. There were slightly more problems with these shadows then with the red ones. Even with tapping the excess off the brush before applying, I still had some difficulties. The good news is that the pigmentation in these colors happen to be great and they really show when applying them. These shadows did not fail in providing color.

Synth was applied all over the lid first. I did not have any fallout problem with this shade, but I warn that anyone going to use this one should make sure to tap off the access first. The pigmentation is great and there was no fading when applying the colors.

Hyperballad was where I had the issues of fallout. Even after tapping off the excess shadow, I still had fallout. In the end, I had to clean up teal shadow all under my eyes. The pigmentation is great. The color is a little stiff to work with and not the best at blending, but it's not impossible to work with and if one needs that a color like that there is no reason not to use it.

Dark Wave was applied only on the lower lash line and it worked well for that. It is a bit patchy and I imagine that if it were used all over the lid it would need a lot of layers.

Lyric and Strutter worked well for accenting the eye look. I had no issues with these as far as application. Strutter is a little more chalky than Noble and so basically it applies a little more dusty. It also turned out that Strutter is not as great of a blending color for me as Noble was when I actually went to use it, so I suppose I should take back what I original said during the swatch test and say that there is a good reason to have both colors in the palette.

Performance
I wore these shadows for about 5 hours. I did not experience any fading or creasing. All performed well and no real issues. Other than the fallout with Hyperballad, I feel these are all well performing shades and quite worth it, especially for someone who wants to experiment with color.

I'm not sure what colors I'll be doing next, but stay tuned! If you're enjoying these Mi Vida Loca blog posts, please let me know!

Other Products Used:
  • Too Faced "Shadow Insurance" - eye primer
  • It Cosmetics "No. 50 Serum Anti-Aging Collagen Veil Primer" - face primer
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation - foundation
  • Buxom "Lash Liner" - eyeliner
  • Tarte "Lights, Camera, Lashes Closeup Lash Liner" - bottom eyeliner
  • MAC "Zoom Fast Black Lash" - mascara
  • Benefit Cosmetics "They're Real" - mascara
  • Tarte "Tarlette Palette" - brows
  • MAC "Oxblood" - lipstick
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay "12-Hour Blush" - blush

No comments:

Post a Comment