Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Liebster Award

I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Kimai Tabar of The Outstanding Princess. I've never been nominated for this and so I have chosen to participate.

Just a little side info on the whole Liebster thing for those who don't know- This award has been around for years. It is more of a "tag" or "chain" then it is really an award. The goal is simply for those bloggers who are new or not well-known to have a chance to get to be known by others. Typically, someone gets nominated and chooses to participate. Participation requires the nominee to answer questions provided by the person who nominated them or "tagged" them. After answering the questions, they nominate blogs they like that are new or not well known and provide a set of questions for the new nominees to answer, and the cycle continues. People who see these blogs linked all over can choose to click the links and get to know new bloggers.

My choice to participate in this is simply to network and for people to get to know me. Since I've started this blog I have not done anything like this. So, let's get on with it!

Where do you shop the most?
The answer would be online, but I would assume people want to know more specifics. For clothing, I tend to shop mostly at Guess, Delias, and Victoria's Secret Pink. It's hard for me to find clothes that are small enough. As for make-up, I usually go to Sephora, Macy's, or Nordstroms. I tend to buy Urban Decay, Lancome, and Too Faced the most, although a recent re-spark in MAC has caused my MAC collection to grow greatly!

What got you into blogging?
I've always blogged. I've always had a personal blog since I was 16, but as far as beauty blogging goes- I'm pretty new. I just decided to start one last year, about half a year ago, after so many people kept telling me I should make videos. I'm not a video type person, so I decided to give blogging a try.

Who are your most favorite bloggers?
I tend to read different blogs here and there depending on what I'm looking for, but I consistently read: 

Nouveau Cheap -Love this blog! The owner, G, works really hard at keeping up to date with everything going on in the drug store world!

Chic Profile -This is actually a international blog, but she covers American information as well. She always has the latest on the upcoming collections!

Temptalia -I've been a long time reader of hers. I like her format of her reviews and while I don't always agree with her opinions, I like that she always has swatches of just about anything on the market and she answers people's questions.

Do you prefer thrift clothes or branded?
I've got to say "branded". I've never been big into thrifting. Aside from the smell in most thrift stores, I just can never find anything that fits me or is my style.

What are you plans this year for your blog?
I want to be more consistent with my posts and I want to improve. I've already gone over my reviews from last year and I really want to improve upon my technique. I feel I give good information, but the way it is presented and executed could definitely be improved on.

Are you a fashion lover or make-up lover?
Both. I tend to blog more about make-up, because it is easier to get my hands on and I'm very picky about clothing. I tend to pick up a clothing item here and there, but never like a haul that I would do with make-up. I can find a piece of clothing I like at a store. Maybe 2.

On the off chance that I may offend or annoy someone who finds this sort of thing to be a chain and annoying, I'm not going to "nominate" anyone. If you'd like to see the blogs I follow and read, check out the right side of this blog. I appreciate you taking the time to read this and if you have anymore questions for me then please feel free to leave them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment