Tuesday, January 7, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Welcome, 2014!

I know I'm a week late, but I've been on a mini vacation. I take time off every year for my birthday (which is January-2) and I make the week all about me, so that's where I have been. Also, the holidays were so much more hectic for me this year than ever before! I feel this extra chaos comes from me now living on the other side of the country, apart from my friends and family. I hope everyone out there had a great holiday and that includes the New Year! 
I'd like to share with you my New Year's look. Real quick on the dress- The dress is from Frederick's of Hollywood and I bought it at an actual store out here in California (not online) and I actually bought it in October specifically for New Year's. I believe this one was around $79. I tend to plan outfits far in advance for big occasions.
So, now onto my makeup! I realize my hair is a little frizzy, but it was the end of the night and my hair is naturally frizzy....... Anyway! My look was inspired by Holiday Glam and my dress! I like when make-up coordinates with my outfits and my man loves it.
The way the light reflected it looks like there is something on my eyelash, but I promise you there was nothing. It's not in the other photos either. But moving onto the products-

  • I started out with Too Faced Shadow Insurance to prime my eyes.
  • I used the silver color called "Ice Bunny" from the Ice Bunny palette from EM Michelle Phan all over the base of the lid for a good base color.
  • Next I put "Shellshock" from the Urban Decay Vice 2 palette all over the lids.
  • I used "Black Pumps" from the Ice Bunny palette to line the lids and softly define the crease.
  • I then took my MAC Cosmetics liner in Smolder to line the bottom lash line.
  • I used the "Ice Bunny" color again under my eyes and very sparingly for my highlight color.
  • Lastly, I took NYX Loose Pearl Eyeshadow in "Shimmering Silver" all over the lids to give it that extra silver shine!
  • On my lips I used "RiRi Woo" from the Rihanna Holiday Collection released by MAC.
For my face I used Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation and Too Faced bronzer & blush from their "A Few of my Favorite Things" palette.

That's my look! Hope you liked! Leave comments, questions, and links to your New Years look! 

No comments:

Post a Comment