Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mini Jewelmint Haul

Most of what I feature on this blog is some sort of cosmetic-type items. This does not mean I exclude fashion or accessories, I just tend to buy more cosmetics on an average daily basis. I have purchased a couple things from Jewelmint in the the past month and I thought I would share them.

A quick overview of Jewelmint- If you already know what Jewelmint is feel free to skip this part. I just thought I would share what this company is for those who do not. Jewelmint is owned by Beachmint. The Beachmint company owns Stylemint (endorsed by the Olson Twins), Shoemint (endorsed by Rachel Bilson), and Intimint (who recently was taken over by Cosabella). These are all monthly subscription sites that cost different amounts depending on which one you join. Jewelmint is $29.99 a month or you can choose to skip every month if you opt out between the 1st-5th of every month. They also customize a showroom for you on the 1st of every month, but to be honest.....as of today I have yet to every buy anything that was in my showroom. I have no idea why, but my showrooms never have anything that I like.

I haven't bought anything from Jewelmint since July of this year. I haven't really been into many of the pieces this year, but every once in a while they release something that catches my eye. It seems like they saved the best for the holidays, however, because I've like a lot that has come out in November and December.
This particular piece took almost a month to get. They didn't ship it out until 3.5 weeks after I ordered it and this was without warning of shortages. Jewelmint did issue me a $10 credit without my complaint though, so I felt that made up for the time and I did receive the exact item I ordered. - My first impression of the item was disappointment in the packaging. Though this is not the first time I've seen the minimal packaging, but it's always disappointing to see. For those of you who have been Jewelmint customers since before this year then you know the boxes use to be bigger, better made, and they use to actually include a note about the piece of jewelry you received inside the boxes. They do not do that anymore and the boxes are much smaller.
These are the "Audrey Icon Earrings". They released a pair of clear crystal earrings shaped just like these called "Forever Audrey" inspired by Audrey Hepburn and since they have released several other colors after they the original sold so well. I was actually very surprised by these earrings. No picture really does these justice. In order to see the beauty and the gleam they have in the light you really need to seem them in person. They were well worth the wait.
I took advantage of the Black Friday sale Jewelmint had too. They had 50% off. I mostly bought gifts for others with the Black Friday deals that went on, but I did pick up a few things for myself and decided on 1 Jewelmint piece. - The box came wrapped in a red bow instead of the normal black, but I'm assuming that's for the holidays and not permanent. 
This is the "Phoenix Necklace". I felt like I was taking a bit of a chance on this one. It looked beautiful in the pictures online, but sometimes things can look quite different when you see them in person. Well, I have yet to be disappointed by Jewelmint, because I found this necklace to be even more stunning in person. 
It has clear, black, and different shades of blue crystals that all uniquely fade and blend together well. I love the antique look of it and I think it's a wonderful statement piece.

If you have any questions about Jewelmint or anything you'd like to share, please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment