Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cancelling IPSY

I had planned on making a post on this months (December) IPSY bag that I received and letting everyone know it was my last bag, as I have cancelled my subscription. However, I'm not even going to open or try 3 of the 5 items I received, so it wasn't even worth it to me to post. -This is a big reason why I cancelled my subscription; throughout most of the year I have only enjoyed about 2 or 3 products per bag and I don't feel it's worthy to try and post a review when half of the bags contents will not be used. 

I do get a few things here there that are amazing and I have discovered a few new brands that I like through the service, but I just don't think it is worth putting the money out for those few products or brands a year. With today's technology word gets out pretty quick and you can see YouTube videos and blogs with new products and product reviews. For the past few months I haven't even used the codes that you can access in your account for the different brands that are promoted each month and most people post those anyways (including Michelle Phan herself). 

Honestly, even though it's only $10 a month, I still feel that's $10 I can put towards something that I personally pick out myself. Over a year, that's $120 and if you saved that you could put that $120 to a real nice make-up purchase of your choosing.

I'm happy for anyone who was on the waitlist that took my spot and I hope they enjoy it, but for now I'm done with monthly subscriptions that do not allow you to have control over what you receive monthly.

No comments:

Post a Comment