Sunday, October 13, 2013

Review: Salon Perfect #908 "Fade Out" [LE]

First, let me start out with why my posts continue to be so far apart and very few at that, lately. -I'm still working on adjusting to the West Coast. Also, we had pretty much a month delay on the moving company bringing our stuff. (If you ever move and decide to use a moving company, I do not recommend Armstrong.) Recently, my fiance went on his first business trip too, so I had to hold down the fort for a week by myself and that was a disaster! Hopefully, next month thing will be smoothed out for the most part.

I have been taking pictures and gathering things for posts, so hopefully I'll get these all up sooner rather than later. - Today, I'm bringing you pics and my thoughts on my current nail color that I'm about to take off. This is my first experience with a holographic polish. I do have some of the China Glaze ones that came out this year, but I haven't used them yet. I bought them right before I moved and I did not have time to try them out.
This is #908 "Fade Out" by Salon Perfect. I purchased this from Walmart recently and it said it was limited edition. There are other colors too, but I'm trying to scale back on how much cosmetics I buy and so I only bought one. After packing up to move, I realized I had way too much and even after I gave away items and threw some out, I still felt I had too much. Anyway!

The color isn't bad. I actually enjoy deep browns and what really compelled me to buy this is that I felt it was going to be a good shade for fall. It is nice to look at, but it's not the color I have a problem with, it's the consistency and formula that I did not like. I will say, I have a few Salon Perfect polishes, but never used them, so this is my first time working with this brand as well. I found this particular polish to be thick and almost on the gooey side. It was not easy to spread out and I could see thin spots even after 2 coats. I needed 3-4 coats on each nail to get an opaque finish. It does dry fast though and that's a nice feature, especially when you have to apply more than 2 coats. 
I took a picture with the flash so that you could see the holographic-ness of the polish. I feel like the holographic effect was much better as the week wore on and my top coat wore off -in other words: I don't think a top coat really benefited the effect of the polish, it more hindered it. Again, I've never used a holographic polish before, but I've never heard of anyone saying they didn't use a top coat with it. I used OPI's top coat and I don't know if that had anything to do with it either. 

Overall, I would not recommend this particular polish. I'll hold on saying anything negative about other holographic polishes or other Salon Perfect polishes, because this is my first use for both. I believe this polish was around $5.98 and it's definitely not worth the price. If you have any advice or experience with this brand or type of polish feel free to leave comments. Hopefully it won't be so long until my next post! Hope you all a great weekend and your week is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment