Sunday, September 15, 2013

Swatched: Wet 'N Wild Fergie Fall 2013 Collection Part 2

Here is the rest of the limited edition collection from Wet 'N Wild's Fergie line that came out this fall. These are the 2 creme liners and primer that came out. I know these were the products most sought out in this collection. 
The picture above is of the bright blue liner called "Cobalt Vault". Just by looking at it in the package, I knew I had to have it. Opening it up, it appears even more appealing.
The purple, which is called "Gunmetal Grape", appears much darker in the picture than it really is. Unfortunately, with the lighting in my place (and it was natural light) this is the best I could do. It is actually a much more vibrant purple, similar to the it's blue mate.
Here is just a swipe of the colors using the brush that came with them. They are bright and bold in color, but they are not opaque at first.
Using "Cobalt Vault", you can see the colors are buildable. In other words- you can build up the opacity of these, making them usable and wearable. - You can also see there is sparkle in them, which may or may not make it more appealing to you.
Using "Gunmetal Grape", I tried my best to demonstrate that these eyeliners don't wipe off very well and have really good staying power. After just one swipe of the color, I tried to wipe it off and there is a little smudging, but after that I could not get these off. Having never bought the core liners from the Fergie line, I had no idea what to expect, but I was really glad to see colored liner that stayed put, especially a purple one. In the past I have experienced a lot of liners that don't stay or aren't as long lasting if they're not the Black or the Brown of the collection. -This is not the case here, which I'm happy to report. I will say, that it does take a bit long for these to dry, longer than I would like and longer than a lot of other brands like Maybelline or Buxom; the longer than average dry time does mean that building the colors up takes time, because if it's too wet when you apply another coat it's not going to smooth over well.
The other thing I'd like to add is that the brush that comes with it is thick and bushy, which is not ideal for most of us when applying liner. You definitely cannot get a thin line with this brush and I have a good amount of lid space and still would not use this brush to apply liner. They are sturdy and they were both made the same (I've had problems in the past with buying the same brush from a company and they being quite different), which is good, but I would not recommend using them with any liner.

Overall, I am quite pleased with the liners in this collection though and I would recommend them if you are a fan of Wet 'N Wild and/or the Fergie line. Also, if you're looking for some fun and colored liners and don't want to spend too much, these would do good for you. They're obviously not the same quality as Urban Decay, Makeup Forever, etc, but for the price they are quite good.
The eyeshadow primer was what I was most interested in. This limited edition one is called "A Little Party...". I had heard great things about the core primer in this line, but I had never used it for I exclusively use Too Faced "Shadow Insurance", but I went ahead and bought this one anyway. The picture shows a good amount when I squeezed it out of the tube. I then took a little amount from the pile and spread it out. It is pretty thick and it definitely is shimmery as it advertises. It has a pink hue to it. I did not intend to squeeze out that much, it just comes easier than I expected -just a little warning. I did actually use this once, but I don't have pictures. The night before I moved I used it with my shadows. It showed up pretty well on my skin with the shimmer, but I don't feel it was anywhere near as good as the Shadow Insurance. I didn't really do anything active. I went out to dinner with friends to say goodbye and then we sat around and talked, but I felt this really only last about 4 hours. After 6 hours it was pretty much useless on my lids. I am not a fan of this and would not recommend it. Again, I have no experience with the primer in the core line, but this is a big disappointment for me. I do have really oily skin, so that did play a part, but I have no problems with Too Faced.

1 comment:

  1. omg that would look great on the cheekbone! i know that's not whats its for but it would be pretty!

    ReplyDelete