Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Review: ColourPop Brow Color & Brow Pencil (in Jet Set Black)

[ColourPop Brow Products]

About month ago on March-10, ColourPop Cosmetics released their first ever brow products. Obviously, before they were released I had scouted them out and gathered ever ounce of information on it via Instagram! (What can't you find on Instagram when it comes to beauty deals and beauty products?) - I was super excited to see the color range! One issue I have with any cosmetics company when it comes to brow products is the fact that they almost never release just a simple, plain black! I have pure black hair and thus my body hair is black, so it only makes sense that I would like my eyebrows to be filled in with a black color, right? - They released 2 different types of brow products: A brow pencil and a brow creme gel, which are pictured above.
[ColourPop creme gel for brows in Jet Set Black]

The creme gel formula is priced at $6 and is very pigmented. It glides on smooth and gives the brows a sleek appearance. Since this is a creme gel, it goes on a bit wet. It's definitely not runny by any means and it does stay in place, however the color can still smear or move before it sets. This is actually a good thing, because should you make a mistake it can easily be erased and if you're using more than 1 color the colors will have a chance to blend. To be honest, I have not done a minute-by-minute test, so I couldn't tell say the exact time it takes to set. All I can say is that I usually put my brows on first and then do the rest of my make-up and it set by then. I would say no more than about 5-10 minutes or so. Once it does dry down it stays all day and I have never had a problem with it running or smearing. ColourPop boasts a 10+ wear on it and I'd say I get more than 10 hours easily out of it.
[ColourPop Brow Pencil in Jet Set Black]

The pencil is $5 and comes in a skinny tube and the product is a round flat top. It is self sharpening, which I love! However, WARNING- It does not go back down once the product has been pushed up! This is a brow product, so it applies a nice and natural color to the brows. It is nicely pigmented. The pencil does set faster than the creme gel.
I ordered the products the day they came out and they arrived to me just before my recent trip to Los Angeles, California. (You can read more about my trip here.) I thought they performed well through each long day and held up nicely. Not to mention they fill my brows in perfectly! I'm a fan!
I used the gel to sharpen the outline of my eyebrows and smooth out any patches. Then I took the pencil and cleaned up the lines and filled in the brows. I think it turned out nicely and like I said before, I am a huge fan of these products!


Final Verdict
For $6 and $5 they're well worth! If you're a person who uses brow products daily, this will help your wallet a lot! It also helps if you're one to blend multiple colors together, because just two pencils is $10 and only $12 for the creme gel. I think they perform wonderfully and last through an entire day! They're well worth it and I didn't have to break the bank to get them! My only issue is that the pencil cannot go back down, but it is self-sharpening and that has been a tremendous help!

Let me know if you've tried these brow products by ColourPop and what your thoughts and opinions are!

No comments:

Post a Comment