Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Review: Wet N' Wild Limited Edition Polishes from "The Style Award Goes To..."

After reviewing the eyeshadow palettes from the limited edition collection from Wet N' Wild's "The Style Award Goes To..." for Spring 2014, I have a quick review on the 6 nail polishes that are also part of the collection from their Megalast polish line.
From Left to Right:
  • #34357 Elegance -white frost.
  • #34362 Champagne Toast -light champagne frost.
  • #34359 Sophisticated Lady -light pink frost.
  • #34360 Candid Affair -grey purple with pink iridescence.
  • #34361 Valet Tag -taupe with silver shimmer.
  • #34358 Silver Lining -dark grey purple jelly with silver shimmer and pink iridescence.
Here are swatches of the 3 lightest shades. All are only 2 coats. As you can see, none of the polishes are of opaque coverage. It takes about 3-4 layers to get opaque coverage. These particular 3 in the collection are nothing really unique, in my opinion. Similar shades have been made by Wet N' Wild in the past and some are very similar to their permanent line of Megalast polishes.
Here are swatches of the 3 darkest shades. Again, only 2 coats of each polish are on the nail. Silver Lining is a jelly, but I still feel it'd be better with 3 coats. Valet Tag & Candid Affair can get away with only 2 coats, but I feel 3 was better for my liking.

Final Verdict
Rather than rate each of these polishes individually, I am just going to rate the collection as a whole, because I feel for the most part that they all perform similarly. I'd give the collection a 5/10. These polishes are not that unique and similar shades can be found everyday or off-and-on by Wet N' Wild. They all take 3-4 coats to get good opacity and evenness. For $1.99 they are not bad, but they're also not something I'd rush out to buy. All of these polishes look better over darker shades or solid colors and that's how I would suggest using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment